Earn a professional certificate in aviation project management
Complete the 6 required courses. Courses are available online, anytime.
- Strategic execution
- Aviation Operations
- Mastering project management
Time to Complete
Courses are self-paced and online. The certificate must be completed within 1 year. Each course is available for 90 days after the date of enrollment.
This certificate grants you the professional credential of Certified Aviation Management Professional (AvMP) and you will be registered with IATA. You can use this AvMP designation after your name on business materials as a symbol of excellence and professionalism in the industry. Records are archived with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and are available for verification upon request.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) may be earned for each of these Stanford courses to maintain certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP):
Who Should Enroll
- Experienced aviation project managers looking to advance their careers and bring new dimensions of leadership to projects, programs, and portfolios
- Aviation professionals responsible for leading and managing teams performing project based work
- Senior managers and executives looking to leverage their organization's technical and managerial expertise through a strong project management capability
AvMP holders are required to renew their certification every 3 years. To maintain the AvMP designation, professionals are required to enroll in one (1) course from Stanford and one (1) course from IATA, as follows:
Courses within these Stanford programs:
IATA eligible courses
- Any Aviation Distance Learning or Classroom course