Ph.D. Candidate, Physics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA (6/2016)
- Advisor: Leonardo Senatore
- GPA: 3.95/4.00
S.B., Physics and Mathematics, M.I.T., Cambridge, MA (6/2011)
- Advisor: Max Tegmark
- GPA: 5.0/5.0
- Thesis: "The Omniscope: Mapping the Universe in 3D With Neutral Hydrogen"
Exploring the intersection of high energy theory and cosmology:
- Connecting cosmological observables to fundamental physics
- Applying techniques of particle physics to problems in cosmology
- Understanding quantum field theory in curved spacetime
Stanford Graduate Fellowship, Stanford University
- Awarded annually to outstanding students pursuing a doctoral degree in science and engineering, providing three years of tuition support and stipend. Supplemented by the Stanford Physics Department to provide a total of five years of support.
Barrett Prize, M.I.T.,
- Awarded annually to an outstanding senior undergraduate or graduate student in astrophysics.
Publications as a primary author
A. Perko, L. Senatore, E. Jennings, and R. H. Wechsler, "Biased Tracers in Redshift Space in the EFT of Large-Scale Structure," [arXiv:1610.09321]
M. Lewandowski, A. Perko and L. Senatore, "Analytic Prediction of Baryonic Effects from the EFT of Large Scale Structures," JCAP 1505, no. 05, 019 (2015), [arXiv:1412.5049]
M. Lewandowski and A. Perko, "Leading slow roll corrections to the volume of the universe and the entropy bound," JHEP 1412, 060 (2014), [arXiv:1309.6705]
P. Creminelli, A. Perko , L. Senatore, M. Simonovic and G. Trevisan, "The Physical Squeezed Limit: Consistency Relations at Order q2," JCAP 1311 , 015 (2013), [arXiv:1307.0503]
MITEoR Collaboration, "Brute-Force Mapmaking with Compact Interferometers: A MITEoR Northern Sky Map from 128 MHz to 175 MHz," accepted to Mon. Not. Roy. Astron. Soc., [arXiv:1605.03980]
MITEoR Collaboration (H. Zheng, et al., including A. Perko), "MITEoR: A Scalable Interferometer for Precision 21 cm Cosmology," Mon. Not. Roy. Astron. Soc. 445, no. 2, 1084 (2014), [arXiv:1405.5527]
H. Zheng, et al. (including A. Perko), "Mapping our Universe in 3D with MITEoR," 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems & Technology (2013), [arXiv:1309.2639]
"Beyond the CMB: the EFT of Large-Scale Structure"
- Perimeter Institute Cosmology Seminar (11/17/2015)
- Berkeley Cosmology-BCCP Seminar (11/10/2015)
- Joint MIT/Tufts Cosmology Seminar (11/3/2015)
conferences and schools
Cosmological Frontiers in Fundamental Physics (6/2016)
Perimeter Institute, Waterloo, Canada
TASI 2015: New Frontiers in Fields and Strings (6/2015)
University of Colorado, Boulder
Cosmology After Planck (8/2014)
Cosmology Beyond the Power Spectrum (4/2013)
Lawrence Berkeley Lab/University of California, Berkeley
Summer School on Cosmology (7/2012)
"EFT of Large Scale Structure with Baryons"
- TASI: Frontiers in Fields and Strings (6/2015)
"Baryons in Large Scale Structure"
- Meeting of Astrophysics Students at Stanford (2/2015)
"Slow Roll Corrections to the Volume of the Universe"
- ICTP Summer School on Cosmology (7/2012)
Teaching Assistant, Stanford University
- Quantum Field Theory I (Graduate), Fall 2013, 2014, and 2016
- Classical Electrodynamics (Graduate), Fall 2013, 2014, and 2016
Graduate Student Representative (Fall 2016 - Present)
Physics Department Equity & Inclusion Committee
Co-Organizer (Fall 2015 - Present)
Mentor, First-Year Graduate Student Mentoring Program (2015)
Graduate Students of Applied Physics and Physics
Mentor, Summer Mentoring Program for Female Undergraduates (2015)
Women in Physics and Applied Physics