How to reach me
- E-mail: farana at stanford dot edu.
- Office: 381-F, 450 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305.
I am a fourth year mathematics graduate student at Stanford University.
I am being advised by Steven Kerckhoff and Alex Wright (University of Michigan).
I am particularly interested in the combinatorial and dynamical aspects of hyperbolic geometry and Teichmüller theory.
Preprints and publications
- Square-integrability of the Mirzakhani function and statistics of simple closed geodesics on hyperbolic surfaces. (pdf, arXiv)
(with Jayadev S. Athreya). Preprint.
- Counting square-tiled surfaces with prescribed real and imaginary foliations and connections to Mirzakhani’s asymptotics for simple closed hyperbolic geodesics. (pdf, arXiv)
(Video of a talk I gave on this paper at the Flat Surfaces and Dynamics on Moduli Space, II conference in Oaxaca, May 2019).
- Normalization of Thurston measures on the space of measured geodesic laminations. (pdf)