- Recology is exploring ways to recycle more materials. Traditionally, recycled products include aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and paper. More materials may have the potential to be recycled.
- Conduct life cycle analyses (LCA) for materials that are not traditionally recycled
- Define functional units for each material
- Calculate the requirement to produce, transport, and landfill a functional unit in terms of total energy and emissions
- Use SimaPro 7.2 for assistance
- Deliverables included a report for each material