RELEASE NOTE: ➤ This app (version 1.3) is free for a limited time only to promote the full Skeletal System Plus version which is also available on the iTunes store.
This app - the Skeletal Head and Neck System consists of a section from the powerful full version app, "Skeletal System Plus".
Check out the index function - it will zoom in and find the item you choose from the index. Also check out the different rotational views - by just dragging your finger over the bone.
This app contains a full section from the full Skeletal System Plus app. This section concentrates on the bones of the head and neck. The full version has the entire skeletal system and major ligaments. These apps are powerful reference tools that allows the user to zoom in and identify an individual bone or part of a bone. They have been designed to accommodate medical professionals as well as medical students from basic to advanced levels of anatomical medical knowledge.
SKELETAL HEAD AND NECK SYSTEM FEATURES:
• No internet connection required.
• Ability to zoom in and identify any region, bone or bone part of the head and neck.
• Ability to rotate the bone or region for anterior, lateral, posterior and medial views, inferior and superior views are available where appropriate. X-ray and skin views are also available.
• High-quality 3-Dimensional images of the skull and cervical vertebrae.
• Full anatomical descriptions of all bone parts (with Latin names).
• A dual index that can search in both Latin and English.
• Ability to test yourself with a fun Quiz function.
FULL SKELETAL SYSTEM PLUS FEATURES:
• All of the above features applied to the entire skeletal system and major ligaments.
• Over 350 high-quality 3-Dimensional images of the bone.
• Full anatomical descriptions of all 1,200 labelled parts.
• All bone and ligament labels in both English and Latin.
HOW TO USE:
The user is presented with a high-quality 3D model/image of the Head and Neck. The user can zoom in to any area of the head and neck - by taping on a region - taping again will zoom in further - eventually the user will have zoomed into a individual bone or bone region. The user can then identify the different bone parts by pressing on the flags. Each label is in English and in Latin and by pressing on the 'i' icon the user can access additional information on a label. There is also a super Magnification Mode that greatly magnifies a bone part allowing the user to press on flags that are close together!
The app can also be used as a visual reference tool by using the index: By simply selecting an English or Latin name from the index - the application will show the user where it is located - by zooming into the appropriate region and finding and labelling the item requested.
Throughout the app - even while zooming in - the user can get different views, including x-ray or skin views and of course the anatomical views: anterior, lateral, posterior, medial and even inferior and superior where appropriate.
This is a handy and fun testing tool - the app asks the user to zoom in and identify parts of the skeleton. If after three attempts the user is unable to identify the bone part or ligament he/she can ask the app to show them.
Last modified Mon, 22 Nov, 2010 at 18:33