MCS: Stanford's undergraduate data science major
Mathematical and Computational Science is an interdepartmental undergraduate program designed for students interested in applying mathematical ideas and analysis to problems in the biological, computational, financial or management sciences.
For more information, please see our introduction
2015-16 M&CS program information can be found through the Stanford
- 2015-16 Academic
- Autumn quarter deadlines:
- Final study list deadline is Oct. 9 (5PM).
- Change of grading basis, course withdrawal, application deadline for
Autumn quarter degree conferral is Nov. 13 (5PM)
- Holiday: Nov. 23 - 27 (M-F)
- Final Exams week: Dec. 7 - 11 exam schedule
- Winter quarter enrollment starts Oct. 25 (Sunday).
- If you declared Math & Comp Sci Honors, please
make sure you have discussed the necessary work required
(listed here) by your junior year.
- Graduating seniors should make an appointment with their adviser
winter quarter to
confirm major requirements will be satisfied for spring quarter degree conferral (checklist).
Course Scheduling Information:
- STATS 200 will be offered both autumn and winter 2015-16.
If you still need to take STATS 116 and 200 next year for degree
requirements, please make that a priority.
What is PBK? For those interested learning more about Phi Beta Kappa, a nationwide society, please see PBK at Stanford.
Statistics Track designed for M&CS students wishing to pursue statistical interests in