How To: Increase Petty Cash Fund
Who does this? Department Heads
When? When a petty cash fund needs to be increased
How? By contacting Financial Support Center (3-2772)
Increase Petty Cash Fund (1 step)
A Department Head can request an increase in the petty cash fund amount by emailing a request to Financial Support Center:
All requests to increase the size of a petty cash fund must be approved by the Treasurer. The request should include:
- Petty cash fund number (82XXX)
- Department name and location
- Custodian name
- Reason for requested increase in fund size
- Types of transactions that the petty cash fund is being used for; and
- Reason(s) why alternative purchasing methods (i.e. department pCard or iOU reimbursements) are not feasible
- Requested dollar amount of the increase
What Happens Next?
- Request will be reviewed by the Treasurer and approved or denied.
- Requestor will be notified of the decision.
- If approved, Procurement / Payment Services Department will send a check to the Petty Cash Custodian via ID Mail.
- Financial Support Center (3-2772)