How To: Get Certified as a Petty Cash Custodian
Who does this? Staff designated by Department Head
When? Before assuming responsibility for a petty cash fund
How? By completing Petty Cash Training and passing associated certification tests
Get Certified as a Petty Cash Custodian (3 steps)
Review the Petty Cash Online Tutorial.
Complete and submit Petty Cash Online Quiz at the end of the Petty Cash Tutorial.
Note 1: Potential Custodians will be contacted to review their quiz results.
Note 2: To pass, Custodians can miss no more than three questions on the quiz.
Get access to iOU Petty Cash module:
- Complete FIN-0455: iOU Reimbursements / Expense Reports training, and receive self-service privilege "iOU Public" in Authority Manager in order to get access to iOU.
- Complete FIN-0464: iOU Petty Cash training.
What Happens Next?
- Following certification, Cash Management will:
- issue a check for the amount of the new petty cash fund to the designated Custodian.
- grant the Petty Cash Custodian access to the iOU Petty Cash module.
- The Custodian remains accountable for the petty cash until fund closes or a new Custodian is designated. See Overview: Administering a Petty Cash Fund.
- Financial Support Center (3-2772)