How To: Verify Employee Pay
Who does this? Stanford Payroll Administrators
When? Each pay period, after the payroll run is complete, to verify accuracy of employee pay
How? By running the Gross Pay Report in Business Intelligence (BI)
Verify Employee Pay (5 steps)
Launch the BI web site:
Note: Your authority to review data in BI matches the authority that you have been granted in PeopleSoft.
Select the Gross Pay Report:
- Click Catalog.
- Click Shared Folders from the left menu.
- Click HR-Payroll-Benefits Systems.
- Click Job Information.
- Select Gross Pay from the center menu.
Run the Gross Pay Report:
- The report parameters default to processing by Dept Hierarchy.
- Enter prompt field for Pay End Date: Begin, Pay End Date: End and Department Hierarchy.
- Click Apply to run the report.
Review report results online:
- Click the tabs to review results for the following report options:
- Summary by Employee – a pivot table of all employee earnings by earn code
- Name Report – a summary of earnings by employee name, formatted for printing or export as PDF
- Earn Code Report – a summary of pay by earn code, formatted for printing or export as PDF
- Bonus Report – a summary of bonus payments, formatted for printing or export as PDF
- Bonus Results – a summary of bonus payments in Excel format
- Full Results – a summary of all payments in Excel format
- Paper Pay Stub Option Report – a summary of employees who have elected a paper pay statement
Download a report to Excel for review:
- Click download icon in menu bar just above the report.
- From the pull-down menu, select Excel (*.xlsx).
- Select the location where you would like to save the report.
- Click Save to download the report.
What Happens Next?
- If an employee underpayment is identified, determine if the pay is needed immediately.
- If so, submit a request for an off-cycle check. Reference How To: Request Off-Cycle Check.
- If the pay is not needed immediately, submit a request for a One-Time Payment. Reference How To: Request One-Time Payment.
- If an employee overpayment is identified, immediately submit a HelpSU ticket to Payroll for instructions. Reference How To: Adjust for Employee Overpayment.
Additional reports are available in ReportMart1 to refine the results of your Gross Pay Report.
- The Zero Pay Received Report, available from the same menu as the Gross Pay Report, will help you to identify employees who received pay for the previous pay period, but not for the current period (potential underpayments).
- The 25 Percent Change in Pay Report, available from the same menu as the Gross Pay Report, will help you to identify employees who received at least a 25% increase or decrease in pay for the current pay period compared to the previous pay period (potential over- or underpayments).