How To: Request One-Time Payment
Who does this? Stanford Payroll Administrators
When? Additional required or discretionary pay is due to an employee.
How? By entering a Supplemental Pay Webform (recommended) or by submitting a One-Time Payment form to add the pay to the employee's next regular paycheck
Request One-Time Payment (5 steps)
Gather employee information for the payment:
- Employee name
- Employee ID Number
- Employee Pay Group from PeopleSoft
- Employee Record # from PeopleSoft
Note: This information is available on the Gross Pay Report. Reference How To: Verify Employee Pay.
Gather payment information:
- Amount to be paid
- PTA to charge for the payment
- Earn code for the payment
- BON – Bonus
- SIG – Signing bonus
- HNR – Honorarium
- SUP – Supplemental Pay (for faculty only)
- TAR – Temporary Acting Role
- RTS – Missed payment of salary
- RTH – Missed payment of hours
- RTO – Missed payment of overtime
- For descriptions of appropriate usage of earn codes for one time payments, see the Earnings Code Usage document.
Note 2: The employee's withholding allowances on file are used for other types of payments.
Select from one of the following form options:
- To submit a Supplemental Pay Webform (recommended), see Step 4.
- To submit a One-Time Payment Form (when you do not have access to the Supplemental Pay Webform), see Step 5.
Prepare a Supplemental Pay Webform:
- Follow step-by-step instructions on Supplemental Pay Webform Job Aid to complete the form.
Note 1: Webforms must be fully approved and loaded by an Expert User by the PeopleSoft entry deadline for the pay period.
Note 2: For specific entry deadlines for each pay period, see Resources: Payroll Schedules & Deadlines.
Submit a One-Time Payment Form to Payroll:
- Download and print the One-Time Payment Form.
- Using the information collected in Steps 1 and 2, complete all relevant fields on the One-Time Payment Form.
- The signed original copy of the form should be submitted to Payroll.
What Happens Next?
- The One-Time Payment is added to the employee's next regular direct deposit or paycheck. Bonus payments receive a separate direct deposit or paycheck from the employee's regular pay.
- If you have questions, please submit a HelpSU ticket to Payroll (Category Financial Support and Request Type Payroll).