How To: Clear Organization Suspense Accounts for Labor
Who does this? Stanford Employees with Labor Distribution Responsibilities
When? After receiving email notifications sent to LD-Adjusters@lists.stanford.edu from the Systems and Reporting Operations group stating that payroll earnings have been posted in Oracle Financials. The bi-monthly payrolls are typically processed on the third business day after a payroll period ends.
How? By using the Payroll and Labor Management (PLM) Dashboard in OBI
Clear Organization Suspense Accounts for Labor (4 steps)
Launch OBI Payroll and Labor Management (PLM) Dashboard:
- Go to http://bi.stanford.edu.
- Log in using your SUNet ID and password.
- Click Dashboards from the menu to show the drop-down selections.
- Select Payroll and Labor Management under Finance business function.
Run the Report:
- Click Actual Pay tab.
- Enter the PTA of the suspense account in the PTA Number field.
- Enter the date of the first pay period of the fiscal year in the First Pay Period End Date field (e.g. 09/15/201X).
- Enter the Last Pay Period End Date.
- Click Apply
View the Current Balance of Your Organization Suspense Account:
- Select Employee – Table View from the Show Data As drop-down menu in the displayed report.
- In the Actual Earnings Amount column, amounts other than zero needs clearing.
Clear All Suspense Transactions by Creating a Labor Distribution Adjustment:
- See How To: Create Salary Distribution Adjustment in LD.
Note: To locate a LD Adjuster in your school / department, see Who Can Create a Labor Distribution Adjustment.
What Happens Next?
- The originator of the distribution adjustment receives an email notification which includes the details of the transaction including the adjustment batch name and the list of approvers.
- Run the FIN_Labor_247_Distribution_Adjustment_Detail report to check the real-time status of a Distribution Adjustment.
- Users cannot query the adjusted earnings until the distribution adjustment is either rejected by an approver, or fully approved and posted in Labor Distribution.
- If the distribution adjustment is rejected, the details of the transaction will be purged and the earnings will return to the previous account.
- To prevent future payroll transaction errors, see Identifying, Clearing and Preventing Future Postings.
- Learn about getting access to OBI PLM reporting.
- Subscribe to the LD Adjuster distribution list to stay informed with changes and updates to Labor Distribution.
If you have questions, please submit a HelpSU ticket.