How To: Request a Fund Transfer
Who does this? Department Staff
When? It becomes apparent that the movement of fund balances is appropriate and necessary.
How? By submitting an email request to your School / Department Fund Accountant with the required information to process the request
Request a Fund Transfer (4 steps)
After determining the need for a fund transfer, identify the source and destination fund:
- Identify PFOO account (Project-Fund-Object-Organization) for the debit and credit side of the transaction.
Review the structure of the source and destination funds:
- Ensure that funds are compatible, considering:
- Similarity of usage restrictions
- Issues surrounding donor reporting
- Similarity in processing of such things as burdening and interest
- University policies regarding combinations of various fund types. Refer to Administrative Guide Memo 34.1: University Funds
Complete fund transfer request:
- Compose email request to include:
- PFOO account (Project-Fund-Object-Organization) for both the debit and credit side of the transaction
- Amount of fund transfer
- Justification for the transfer. This should consider the compatibility of both the source and destination funds.
Note: A limited number of transactions can be included in the e-mail text. For large volume transactions, submit your request using the iJournals Upload Template.
Save or print the request and acknowledgement for future reference and reconciling purposes.
What Happens Next?
- Requests are reviewed upon receipt. Requesters will be contacted if clarification or additional information is required.
- Requests are processed throughout the month.
- Requester will receive a copy of journal for their records.