How To: Extract Select Pages from a PDF File Containing Multiple Monthly Expenditure Statements
Who does this? Task Managers needing to forward select Monthly Expenditure Statements to others
When? Upon receipt of Monthly Expenditure Statements received in a single PDF file via the monthly electronic distribution process
How? By using Adobe Acrobat Professional to extract select pages from a single PDF file containing all Monthly Expenditure Statements for each PTA a Task Manager is assigned to
Extract Select Pages from a PDF File Containing Multiple Monthly Expenditure Statements (3 steps)
Note: The Extract Pages feature is only available in Adobe Acrobat Professional software. You can purchase Adobe Acrobat Professional from SmartMart.
Open the Monthly Expenditure Statement PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Professional:
- Click the hyperlink in the email notification that you received informing you that your monthly expenditure statements are ready for download.
- Enter your SUNet ID and password if prompted.
Extract select pages from the PDF file:
- Use the Arrow buttons in the Adobe Acrobat Professional tool bar to scroll through the pages of the PDF file and note the page numbers of the pages you would like to extract.
- From the main menu bar, click Document then Extract Pages. The Extract Pages pop-up will display.
- Type the page numbers in the From and To fields.
- DO NOT check boxes next to Delete Pages After Extracting or Extract Pages As Separate Files.
- Click OK.
Save the new PDF file of extracted pages:
- From the main menu bar, click File then Save As.
- Browse to locate a file folder in which to save your file.
- Update File Name if desired.
- Click Save.
What Happens Next?
- As needed, attach the new PDF file to an email and forward to other interested parties.
- To request updates to Task Manager assignments, see How To: Update PTA Roles / Owning Attributes (for single PTA or mass updates).
- For additional help, submit a HelpSU ticket. Select Request Category Administrative Applications and Request Type ReportMart3.