Alpha Phi Omega hosts a weeklong period of events during both fall and spring quarters where Stanford students can meet our members, learn more about our values and mission, and determine if joining Alpha Phi Omega is right for them.
Monday 4/6: Information Session + Speed Dating at Old Union 215, 7pm
Tuesday 4/7: Service Event at Old Union 220, 7pm
Wednesday 4/8: Murder Mystery Games at Nitery 209, 7pm
Thursday 4/9: Singing Bee at Old Union 200, 7pm
Friday 4/10: Pop Culture Trivia at Nitery 209, 9pm
Potential members should attend at least two events.
Who is eligible to attend?
All Stanford students are welcome to attend either in the Fall or Spring.
Is there a fee?
Nope! All events are free and open to all Stanford students.
What if I can’t attend all the recruitment events?
While we encourage you to attend as many events as possible, you will still be able to join as long as you attend at least two events.
What comes after?
Everyone who has attended at least two events will be able to begin the new member education process. Led by our New Member Educators, the process lasts 6-8 weeks and is a program of meetings, fellowship events, and service projects designed to allow new members to get a sense of what it’s like to be an active member.
What are the new member requirements?
Here is a rough overview of the requirements:
- Meet our chapter adviser, Laura Selznick
- Attend weekly new member meetings
- As a new member class, organize and carry out a service event and participate in other APhiO service events
- Attend 1 fellowship event
- Complete 5 active member interviews
- Pass 4 weekly quizzes and a final exam
- Create and present a new member book at a general meeting
There are also a few smaller details and requirements that you will learn more about at new member meetings, but this list is a general overview.
Is there hazing involved in the new member process?
No! Alpha Phi Omega has a strict no hazing policy.
What are the active member requirements so I can get a sense of the time commitment?
Here is a general overview of the active member requirements:
- Miss no more than 3 general meetings every semester (= 1.5 quarters)
- Commit 12 hours to service every semester
- Commit 12 hours to fellowship events every semester
- Participate in 1 fundraiser every semester
- Participate in 2 small interchapter (IC) events or 1 big IC event
- Participate in official Alpha Phi Omega ceremonies
Other questions? Please refer to our contact page for more information on how to contact us.